The Keystone Central Community
Welcome to the Keystone Central School District, the largest geographic district in the state of Pennsylvania, covering municipalities in parts of Clinton, Centre, and Potter Counties. The District has a number of state recreational parks offering the outdoor enthusiast hiking trails, fresh water fishing and camping opportunities. State game lands are available for the hunter. Cultural activities include concerts, theater, and art festivals at the nearby Millbrook Playhouse. Lock Haven University is located within the district and Lycoming College and Penn State University are in close proximity.
The Keystone Central community will provide an educational environment that develops high levels of academic achievement and promotes respectful citizenship in all students.
We believe that our district should provide:
- A safe learning environment
- Opportunities for collaboration and communication among and between all stakeholders
- Each and every student the opportunity to realize his/her highest level of achievement
- Professional development support to allow all staff to maintain the highest levels of subject knowledge and professional skills through continuous improvement
- A learning environment that utilizes the best practices, i.e. best methods of instruction
- Opportunities to involve families/community in the learning process and educational experiences
The Keystone Central School District envisions a school environment that fosters respect between and among students, faculty, staff, parents, school leaders, and community members. This community of learners is dedicated to high levels of academic achievement through curricular and instructional practices that meet the diverse needs of all students. Through the development of open communication systems and a spirit of collaboration, the educational system becomes a source of shared accountability and positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
A graduate of the Keystone Central School District is one who thinks critically and creatively, exhibits tolerance and respect for others, behaves responsibly and ethically, and embraces technology as it impacts the local and global society. This ongoing journey is one that invites all stakeholders to participate and embrace the opportunities for personal, professional, and community growth available through the Keystone Central School District.