IMPORTANT PAYROLL INFORMATION FOR NEW KCSD EMPLOYEES
(updated Feb. 26, 2016)
PAYROLL OFFICE CONTACT INFORMATION
HOW DO I ACCESS MY PAYSTUBS?
Pay stubs, prior year W2s, deduction and benefit information and more can be found on the Employee Portal.
In order to login to the Employee Portal, you will need to click on the "Create An Account" link found at the bottom right of the Login box shown right. The process to set up an account takes about two minutes, and you will need the following pieces of information:
- your six digit employee number
- the last four digits of your social security number
- your date of birth
- an active email address (does not need to be a KCSD one)
- your mailing zip code as on file with payroll
- your first and last name as on file
For additional help, click HERE
TIMESHEET DEADLINES & QUESTIONS EXPLAINED
Timesheets are used for Intramural staff, homebound, bus duty, cafeteria/custodial subs and more. In order for pay to be processed accurately and efficiently, timesheets must be filled out properly and be signed by the employee and the employee's supervisor before being forwarded to Payroll.
Timesheets are DUE to payroll by 9 am on the Tuesday following a pay Friday, unless there is a holiday. A number of programs such as Homebound Tutoring may collect timesheets ahead of this deadline so that the supervisor has time to examine, sign and forward them before the deadline.
TIMESHEETS THAT ARE INCOMPLETE OR LATE MAY NOT BE PROCESSED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING PAY PERIOD. It is the employee's responsibility to make sure that his or her timesheet is filled out correctly!
Timesheets MUST be signed by the employee and a supervisor, and they must include the following information:
- Employee Name and Number (call Payroll @ 893-4900, ext. 2316 if you don't know yours!)
- Dates & Times Worked (total the columns!)
- Appropriate ASN (account code) for Supplemental Pay
ASNs FOR SUPPLEMENTAL PAY
- Adult Education - 2752
- Saturday School - 2181
- Bus Duty - 237
- Homebound Tutor (Elementary) - 6426
- Homebound Tutor (Secondary) - 6427
- Crossing Guard - 343
BANK / DIRECT DEPOSIT CHANGES
If you have changes to your payroll information, such as:
- a new address
- deduction changes (additions, deletions, amount changes);
- updated banking information
- revised W4 status, etc.
... the new information MUST be received by the Friday before a pay day for the changes to take effect that pay day.